Worship at OMPC
Join us for worship on Sundays during the upcoming Advent Season!
- We offer three worship services: 8:15 and 10:45 am in the Sanctuary and 9:30 am in the Gym. Both Sanctuary Services are made available through Livestream for those who are not quite ready to return to in-person worship. The Gym Service will be in-person worship and preaching.
- Reservations are no longer required for Worship services. Seating will remain spaced out and assigned by ushers upon arrival. We will also have an overflow option if the Sanctuary/Gym seats fill.
- Childcare (Nursery-Preschool) and Kids Worship (K-2nd) is available during 8:15 & 10:45 am services only (no childcare during 9:30 am service to allow for cleaning). Childcare/Kids Worship reservation links also close at noon on THURSDAYS.
- Face coverings are required for youth and adults at all services. They must be worn for the duration of our 8:15 & 9:30 am Services.
- Our 10:45 am Service is a “Mask While You Move” service, meaning masks are required when you enter/leave the Sanctuary but can be removed when you are at your seat.
- For your safety and the safety of others, if you have symptoms or if you have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms, please stay home and continue to worship with us via Livestream, which will be broadcast during both service times.
- We strongly encourage those who are at high risk or who are medically compromised to continue to worship via Livestream.
- Our next Communion Sunday is February 14! We will have professionally pre-packaged communion safely distributed by our elders during worship at both services.
If you are high risk and cannot attend in-person worship, we invite you to come partake in a “drive-through communion” following the 10:45 am service through 12:30 pm. Elders and staff will be prepared to safely give communion at the carport drive-through covering closest to the Cahaba Valley Trace entrance to OMPC.
Thank you for your continued cooperation as we gather for in-person worship together. Please continue to pray for our church and community as we reopen for worship together!
Announcing our new 2021 Churchwide Devotional: A Light to Our Path, Reading through the New Testament in a Year.
We are excited to be in THE BOOK, God’s Word, throughout this year! Our staff team has divided up all NT chapters from Matthew to Revelation and selected a weekly memory verse from the text we’ll be reading for each of the 52 weeks. Each week also encourages a prayer request for the church so that we might be a church who prays for the Church!
Copies of this devotional will be available on Sunday mornings near the center Sanctuary doors, during the week at the Receptionist Desk and through the OMPC App.
Men’s Small Groups will begin meeting the week of January 25 at various times/days/locations each week. This Spring’s study will be Gospel Love: Grace, Relationships, and Everything that Gets in the Way. Click the link below to register for the group that fits your schedule!
OMPC Compassion Groups are back for the Spring season. Beginning January 10 – April 11, GriefShare, LionBridge & DivorceCare will meet Sunday evenings from 4:00-5:30 pm at OMPC.
GriefShare: GriefShare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. You don’t have to go through the grieving process alone. Meeting in C-241 at OMPC.
LionBridge: (formerly known as Sanctuary Health) Boldly approaching the topic of mental health, bridging the gap with science and faith. Participants explore topics such as brain health continuums, stigma challenge, recovery journeys, companionship, self-care and the role of community. Each facilitated session provides videos with wisdom from professional counselors, pastors and professors. A great resource for leaders in every profession or home, people supporting loved ones with mental health issues and those living with mental health issues. Meeting in C-243 at OMPC.
DivorceCare: Divorce Care support groups are led by people who understand what you are going through and want to help. Meeting in C-242 at OMPC.
Partner with us to engage every child with the surprising power of grace! On Sunday mornings, our Children’s Ministry offers childcare for Nursery & Preschool children, as well as Kids Worship for K-2nd grade children at 8:15 & 10:45 am. Reservations are required for children to attend on Sunday mornings. Face coverings are required only for children in Kids Worship.
Childcare/Kids Worship Reservation, 8:15 & 10:45 am
Sundays, January 17 – April 25; 5:15 – 7:00 pm; Drop-off and Pick-up through Carpool at the Gym Entrance.
During the Sunday Nigh Blast, kids will dive into the Word of God through fun games, crafts, music and more! Reservations are required for this event, staff and children K – 6th grade will wear face coverings, and children will be safely spaced out for the duration of the evening. Out of an abundance of caution, dinner will not be provided, so please plan to feed your child(ren) before coming!
Registration for each week will open the Monday prior!
Register for 1/31