Worship at OMPC
Please review the following as you consider returning to worship at OMPC:
- Beginning September 20, we offer three worship services: 8:15 and 10:45 am in the Sanctuary and 9:30 am in the Gym. Both Sanctuary Services are made available through Livestream for those who are not quite ready to return to in-person worship. The Gym Service will be in-person worship and preaching.
- Reservations must be made in advance to help us practice social distancing and accommodate reduced capacity in the Sanctuary. Reservation links close at noon on Fridays!
- Childcare is available for Nursery – Preschool aged children (4 yrs) during 8:15 & 10:45 am services only (no childcare during 9:30 am service to allow for cleaning). Reservation links close at noon on THURSDAYS for childcare.
- Face coverings are required for youth and adults at all services based on Safer at Home health order encouragement from Governor Ivey.
- For your safety and the safety of others, if you have symptoms or if you have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms, please stay home and continue to worship with us via Livestream, which will be broadcast during both service times.
- We strongly encourage those who are at high risk or who are medically compromised to continue to worship via Livestream.
- Our next Communion Sunday is October 10! We will have professionally pre-packaged communion safely distributed by our elders during worship at both services.
If you are high risk and cannot attend in-person worship, we invite you to come partake in a “drive-through communion” following the 10:45 am service through 12:30 pm. Elders and staff will be prepared to safely give communion at the carport drive-through covering closest to the Cahaba Valley Trace entrance to OMPC.
Check out our Reentry FAQ that may answer some questions you will have regarding this transition period. Please continue to pray for our church and community as we reopen for worship together! Welcome Home, Oak Mountain!
Sanctuary, 8:15 am
Sanctuary, 10:45 am
Childcare Reservation, 8:15 & 10:45 am
OMPC is gathering with other partners churches around Birmingham for a multi-ethnic gathering of Christians of all ages and stages of life humbly seeking to address racism.
Participants will be invited to join small group book studies to make it an ongoing conversation and provide opportunity for engagement.
We will limit attendance to 125 OMPC members and 125 members from partner churches for a safe, socially-distanced gathering, so please RSVP through the link below!
September 13 – December 13, 4:00 – 5:30 pm, C-241.
GriefShare is a caring group to help walk alongside those grieving the death of a family member or friend. For more info on the national GriefShare ministry, visit GriefShare.org.
RSVP for GriefShare
September 13 – November 22, 4:00 – 5:30 pm, C-243.
The Sanctuary Course is for anyone who wants to learn about faith and mental health. It requires no previous training or expertise—just a willingness to engage in dialogue with other believers. Sanctuary offers training, tools, and resources to equip the Church to be a sanctuary for all people, at all stages of their mental wellness journeys. Click Here for more info on the national Sanctuary Health Ministries.
RSVP for Sanctuary Health